Wednesday, April 8, 2020

CPP-NPA-NDF: Progressive or Regressive?


Teach in, or education discussion, on Maikling Kurso
ng Lipunan at Rebolusyong Pilipino (MKLRP) to minors.
(Photo from captured enemy-documents)
“Looking back 32 years ago, when I was first recruited into the CPP youth and student organization, I was full of hope and vigor to change this country. I felt that the power to change the world is in our hands, in the communist movement. But after decades of a life on the run, I finally found my life’s purpose - I found it in the family that I neglected for a long time. I also realized that I can still serve the people even if I don't join the armed communist revolution, which aims to seize state power and dislodge our democratic way of life. This is the most important lesson that I learned: no matter how imperfect our government and the system we have, communism cannot be a substitute, or be made the panacea, for all its imperfections. We can attain reforms through legal and peaceful means. And we can always work for sustainable peace and inclusive development without destroying the basic foundation of Filipino society – our families. Hence, I find it ironic that the CPP and its front organizations call themselves “progressive”. What is progressive in deceitfully separating minors from their parents and their families, and then ending up dead somewhere? Isn’t it 'regressive' rather than ‘progressive’? Any attempt to destabilize families, or to separate family members from each other, is a huge disrespect to the Filipino spirit and time-honored values,” he emphasized. 

--THE WARS WITHIN (2020 / Copy&Share)

THE WARS WITHIN: Struggles of a Former Top CPP-NPA-NDF Cadre

THE WARS WITHIN (2020) No one is born Red . No one who had taken the path to communism was born an insurgent, or much more an ...

Popular Posts