Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Saving the Youth is Saving Families


Photo from captured enemy-documents.
What pushed Victor to allow his life story to be published was the issue of youth recruitment in different schools nationwide causing a lot of families to suffer unnecessarily. The CPP-NPA- NDF still uses the same strategies and efforts to replenish their ranks, and train future cadres. Victor knew and understand well how rough the life is of an insurgent. Being a father now, the thought of teenagers pitted against seasoned soldiers in combat is too much for him to imagine. He knew it’s time to do something for those kids and their respective families.

“There’s that gnawing guilt that haunts me in my sleep. It’s a curse on me. As a parent, I see myself in the pained testimonies of those mothers who went to the Senate Hearing. I know I did my part in recruiting and sending bright minds to their deaths. I do not want that for my kids,” Victor said.

He added: “Even if one student will be stopped from joining the CPP-NPA-NDF and their front organization, or even if one family is saved from being torn apart after knowing my story in this book, then all the dangers I’m facing now is worth it. People must understand that the communists don’t have the monopoly of nationalism, and also on activism. The CPP-NPA-NDF’s brand of activism is a divisive and destructive one. It should not be. Activism should be positive and constructive. It should never be destructive, or inimical to society’s well-being. In fact, activism, in its true sense, should be encouraged because it is a natural way of expression by persons who really care for their community and fellow human beings.”

--THE WARS WITHIN (2020 / Copy&Share)
  

THE WARS WITHIN: Struggles of a Former Top CPP-NPA-NDF Cadre

THE WARS WITHIN (2020) No one is born Red . No one who had taken the path to communism was born an insurgent, or much more an ...

Popular Posts